This course is designed for all employees whose work brings them into contact with flammable liquids and/or powders.
- Introduction – (5 mins) – Introduces the dangers of flammable liquids and powders.
- Understanding the Risks – (10 mins) – Explains the term ‘flash-point’ and introduces the three components of the fire triangle (fuel, heat and oxygen).
- Removing Danger – (10 mins) – Considers the measures which should be taken to prevent the release of flammable vapours.
- Sources of Ignition – (15 mins) – Looks at the five main sources of ignition: static electricity, sparks from electrical equipment, fire, heat, and sparks from ferrous tools.
- Control Measures – (10 mins) – Describes the control measures which should be taken to reduce the risk of fire and explosion.
- Your Responsibilities – (10 mins) – Considers the correct working procedures to be followed by everyone involved with flammable liquids and powders.
- Self Test – (15 mins) – The self test contains 23 questions covering each of the previous modules. Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors
The average course completion time is 1 hour 15 minutes.