The aim of this course is to explain the different types of safety signs, and how and where they should be used.
It is for all employers who need to put safety signs in place and all employees who need to understand the meaning of safety signs used at work.
- Introduction – (5 mins) – Introduces the main requirements of the Regulations.
- Employers’ Duties – (5 mins) – Explains the duties of employers under the Regulations.
- What is a Safety Sign? – (10 mins) – Describes the various types of safety signs.
- Using Safety Signs – (10 mins) – Considers important points to remember when using signboards.
- Safety Signs – (5 mins) – Illustrates examples of prohibition, warning, mandatory, emergency escape and first-aid signs.
- Fire Safety Signs – (10 mins) – Considers the important features of fire safety signs.
- Other Signs & Signals – (20 mins) – Looks at how to use signs to mark containers, pipes, rooms, enclosures, obstacles, and traffic routes. Illuminated signs, acoustic signals, hand signals and verbal signals are also covered.
- Self Test – (10 mins) – The self test contains 25 multiple-choice questions.
The average course completion time is 1 hour and 15 minutes.