This course is designed to help employees to comply with ‘The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005’.
It explains noise, the damage it can do, and the steps which should be taken to prevent such damage.
- What is Noise? – (2 mins) – Describes the difference between noise and sound and explains how the ear functions.
- Noise and Deafness – (5 mins) – >Looks at the causes of hearing loss and deafness.
- Quantifying Noise – (5 mins) – Explains the Decibel Scale and dB(A), Equivalent Continuous Level (Leq) and Daily Personal Noise Exposure (Lep,d).
- Employees’ Obligations – (3 min) – Covers employees’ obligations and responsibilities.
- Ear Protection – (8 mins) – Illustrates the correct use of ear defenders and ear plugs.
- Self Test – (5 mins) – Contains 10 multiple-choice questions.
The average course completion time is 28 mins.