This course considers the dangers associated with working in a hot, or a hot and humid environment, explains the factors that can lead to heat related illness, and describes what you can do to reduce the risk.
It is for all employees required to work in a hot environment.
- Introduction – (5 mins) – Looks at the different factors which can lead to heat stress.
- Workers at Risk (5 mins) – Considers the working environments where heat stress is likely to be a problem.
- Causes of Heat Stress (5 mins) – Explains the causes and symptoms of heat stress.
- Effects of Heat Stress (10 mins) – Looks at the five forms of heat stress; heat rash, fainting, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- Preventing Heat Stress (5 mins) – What you can do to reduce the risk.
- Risk Assessment (5 mins) – What a heat stress risk assessment will need to consider.
- Self Test (10 mins) – The self-test presents 20 multiple-choice questions covering Modules 1 to 6.
The average course completion time is 45 minutes.