This course is designed for all persons who use electrically powered equipment or tools.
The course aims to ensure that persons using electrical equipment are able to identify potential hazards caused by careless use and to detect common faults which would render electrical equipment unsafe.
The effects of an electric shock and how to deal with a casualty are also covered.
- What is Electricity? (6 mins) – Introduces the terms electrical current, electromotive force and electrical power.
- Dangers of Electricity (8 mins) – Considers the risks people take when using electricity.
- Safe Use of Electrical Equipment (6 mins) – Explains the methods used to control electricity and reduce the risk to users.
- Electric Shock and First Aid (5 mins) – Looks at the effects of an electric shock to the body, and how to deal with a casualty.
- Self Test (5 mins) – 20 multiple choice questions.
The course completion time is about 30 minutes.