The aim of this course is to explain the requirements of DSEAR 2002.
It is for all employees required to work on a site which contains classified hazardous areas but who are NOT expected to work within hazardous areas.
- Introduction (4 mins) – Introduces the main requirements of DSEAR.
- Risk Assessment (3 mins) – Considers the essential components of a DSEAR risk assessment.
- Control Measures (2 mins) – The control and mitigation measures to be applied.
- Explosive Atmospheres (2 mins) – What to do with areas where a hazardous explosive atmosphere may occur.
- Hazard Zones (4 mins) – Explains the 6 hazard zone classifications together with the 3 gas groups and 6 temperature classes.
- Equipment & Protective Systems (2 mins) – Examines equipment suitable for use within classified hazardous areas.
- Accidents, Incidents & Emergencies (2 mins) – Looks at the emergency arrangements to be established.
- Information, Instruction & Training (1 min) – Considers the training requirements of DSEAR.
- Self Test (5 mins) – Presents 10 multiple-choice questions. Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors
The total time for the course is 25 minutes.