This course looks at carbon monoxide (CO), how it is produced, its effects on the body, and how the risk of ill health can be reduced.
- Introduction (5 mins) – Looks at how carbon monoxide is produced and how it affects people.
- Symptoms (5 mins) – Describes the symptoms of both low and high levels of CO poisoning.
- Sources (5 mins) – Considers a variety of sources of carbon monoxide.
- Treatment (5 mins) – Basic first aid treatment for victims of CO poisoning.
- Prevention (5 mins) – How to reduce the risk of CO poisoning.
- Self Test (5 mins) – 20 multiple choice questions. Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors.
The total time for the course is is 30 minutes, including the test.