The aim of this course is to provide basic fire safety training to everyone at work.
- Introduction (5 mins) – Why fire safety training is important.
- Legislation Overview (10 mins) – A review of the legislation applicable in Scotland.
- What is Fire? (15 mins) – The chemistry and characteristics of fire.
- Growth & Spread of Fire (10 mins) – How fires spread by convection, radiation and conduction.
- Fire Risk Assessment (15 mins) – Describes the 5 key stages in a Fire Risk Assessment.
- Causes of Fire (10 mins) – The common causes of fire and how to avoid them.
- Fire Extinguishers (15 mins) – The six major classes of fires and the different fire extinguishers which should be used to fight them.
- What to do in case of Fire (5 mins) – The steps to take when a fire is detected.
- Self Test (5 mins) – The self-test presents 25 multiple-choice questions.
The average course completion time is 1 hour 30 minutes.