The aims of the ‘Asbestos in the Workplace’ online training course are to describe the nature of asbestos, explain the reasons why it is hazardous, and consider the main requirements of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012.
It is for employers, employees, the self-employed, and persons responsible for work premises.
- Introduction – (5 mins)
- Types of Asbestos – (5 mins)
- Where Asbestos is Found – (5 mins)
- The Risk – (5 mins)
- Health Effects – (10 mins)
- What the Law Says – (15 mins)
- Working with Asbestos – (5 mins)
- Control Measures – (10 mins)
- Self Test – (15 mins)
The Self Test contains 25 questions covering each of the previous 8 modules.
Results are stored for later retrieval by training supervisors.
The average course completion time is 1 hour 15 minutes.
(Photos courtesy of GTC-AMAS)